An object in space, and space in relation to an object, and objects in space in relation to one another and the space within which they exist, depending on your point of view.
The circle is a universal symbol that does not need to be explained.
An experience of focus and acceptance.
The painting of a circle requires discipline and focus.
A circle is both open and closed.
An object and a non-object.
Inspirations and investigations:
- Nebra sky disc, bronze age, Nebra Germany circa 1600 BCE
- Galileo Galilei's moon drawings 1610
- Astronomical drawings by Maria Clara Eimmart (17th century)
- Enso, circle in Zen, represents completeness, wholeness of experience, going beyond intellectual division
- Max Richter, composer, Constellation (various works)
- 2019 marks the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing